reactive woocommerce (in plugins) for shop function to work
I have been teaching maths for 10+ years and tutoring privately since 2013. I have extensive experience of teaching across key stages 2, 3 and 4 from preparing for SATS tests, 11+ entrance exams through to GCSEs.
I have experience of teaching students of all ages and abilities including those with special educational needs.
I can offer to help with……..
- GCSE /iGCSE or equivalent in maths, statistics or further maths for students in years 9, 10 and 11.
- GCSE maths resits for students or adults at college/sixth form
- Edexcel, AQA or OCR exam boards
- Foundation or higher level
11+ exam preparation
I have extensive experience of tutoring for the Trafford grammar schools as well as most of the independent schools in the Greater Manchester area.
- 11+ grammar school exam preparation in maths and reasoning (verbal and non-verbal)
- 11+ independent school entrance exams
- CEM or GL assessment styles
General maths tuition
I can help students from the age of 7 upwards, whatever the ability up to the level of GCSE.
- SATs in year 6
- Functional skills
- Numeracy skills for employability
How does tutoring work?
I teach lessons online, either one-to-one or in small groups with students of similar ability.
- After an initial chat to explore requirements and goals most students commit to a weekly one hour lesson. I can vary the length of lessons and I’m happy to discuss that with you.
- Lessons will take place online using the Zoom video conferencing platform. I use a variety of technologies to deliver the lessons mainly via a digital tablet and a visualiser so I can model examples.
- I can facilitate in-person lessons at my home in Worsley for those who prefer the face-to-face contact and live in the area.
What happens in a lesson?
I have a very flexible approach to tutoring. Tuition is not like school lessons as I am not constrained by delivering the national curriculum and can focus on the subject areas that need most attention. I will always plan the lesson in advance and provide any worksheets/resources by email prior to the lesson. However, I can be flexible on the day and if the student wants to go over a different topic I am more than happy to do this and have many resources to hand to enable this.
How much does it cost?
- My hourly fee is £45
- Lessons paid for in advance in blocks of 4
- Payment via BACs